Tour to ruins of ancient towns on the Great Silk Road
You will visit ruins of ancient towns on the Great Silk Road: Navekat, Suyab and Balasagun. At that places 4 world religions met – Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Islam and Buddhism.
Navekat flourished from the 6th to 12th centuries. The founders were Sogdians. Navekat means “new town” in Sogdian. Archaeologists have discovered remains of a Buddhist temple, a fortress, and a Karakhanid palace.
Suyab was the capital of the Western Turkic Khanate (6th Century AD) and the later Karluk Turks (8th century AD). The city also flourished under the Arabs from the 10th to 12th centuries. Here you can see the remains of a Nestorian church, a Buddhist temple from 7th and 8th centuries and citadel.
Balasagun city is a place of unique mixture of Buddhism culture together with Christian and Muslim inheritance. It was founded in the middle of the 10th century on the site of an older settlement, the Burana Tower. Burana Tower was built in the 11th century and was originally 45 m. height. Balasagun was so important that Genghis Khan’s Mongol horde spared the city from destruction and renamed it as “Gobalyk”.
6-8 hoursAncient towns on the Great Silk Road
Number of persons from 1 to 10. Length of the route – 100 km (one way). Departure from Bishkek. Return to Bishkek.
Cost includes: transport, lunch, English-speaking guide, excursion, entrance fees.
The price includes
- English-speaking guide,
- excursion, entrance fees.
- We can assist you in obtaining a tourist visa on a month.
- The cost of the visa invitation for $ 80 per person
- The consideration 10 business days.
- You will need to send us a copy of your passport (travel document), a copy of your visa with residence and will need to fill out a questionnaire.
- We do not give guarantees, in case of failure - a return of $ 60.
- We are working on an advance payment.
- Send money you can by Western Union or you can pay cash in our office.
- We can assist you in obtaining a group tourist visa on 14 days.
- The cost of the group visa for $ 90 per person